Sunday, April 15, 2012

S@#% Managers Say...

1.  "He's a good worker...the only days he can't work are Fri and Sat because he's got that religion. You know, that one where he can't work from sunset to sun-up...Oh, what's it called...I had a guy at (insert other location) that had it too."

2. Picture a person with a rag in their hand cleaning when a manager approaches: "A, today when your not busy I need you to do (hands over a list)"
Me: "OK, well GM, I have already done (check marks 3 of the 4 items off the list) and as you can see am half done with item four.
GM: "Oh. (looks at list, looks over what I have checked off) Oh."

I see no end to the shit that my managers say so stay tuned for more :-) ....Oh and my computer is fixed so I will be back on a more regular basis.

5 comments:

  1. "I know you've been here 8 hours, but can you hang out a little longer? What if we get busy?"
    Two hours before closing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol -- the idiot manager makes "that religion" sound like a disease. I've worked with people who think if you are not loosely Christian, then something is wrong with you.

    On another note: me: sir, would you like another beer?
    Dude: yes, but not until my meal comes
    manager approaches same table: sir, refresh your beer?
    Dude, probably trying to avoid being approached every 2 minutes: oh, okay.
    manager to me in the kitchen: HE HAD AN EMPTY BEER GLASS!!!

    Would it have been so damn hard to just ask me before approaching my table? Gawd, I hate micro-managers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. All manager's intentions are not bad, remember, the manager takes care of the beast from which we all feed.
    http://complaintothemanager.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @J.R.--true that, most of the time I remember that my managers do have the unenviable job of babysitting 100 some odd employees. plus a lot of what they say isn't intended to insult anybody but they don't realize the way that they say things are just freaking hilarious

    ReplyDelete